I think the pin was for the hint of credibility that might not be obvious to everyone. OP claims to be bf of girl in the mix but is posting details that indicate military experience. If OP was a hoaxer with military experience they would have probably tried to present some credentials to that effect.
For me the interesting points have been;
- the mention of the "magnetic radiation" I commented on earlier.
- The fact that this mention would be part of what the commander of the sub would be relaying to HQ
- The captain mentions attack by helicopter and the bleeding from ears is consistent with the type of attack that an anti-sub helo would use (depth charges)
- The captain waited until fires were out to open hatch after surfacing, standard procedure for sub mariners but a detail that non-military probably wouldn't include
- The reference to Prazuck. He's the spokesman that always gets involved to explain french casualties:
[link to translate.google.com
And of course, the periscope spotted by fishermen story from a few days ago.
If there's anything to this Prazuck's activity should provide clues. How busy is he today?
Oh yeah, tons of shills in here...